Civil department was started in the year 2002-2003 with the intake of 60 students under the affiliation of Anna University.
1. International Conference on 'Civil,Structural & Environmental Engineering' was conducted on 18-19 February 2011.
2. National Conference on 'Contemporary Challenges & Pioneering Technologies in Civil Engineering' was conducted on 17-18 May 2010.
1. National level Conference on 'Advances in Concrete and Construction Technology' (NCACCT'12) was conducted on 19-20 April 2012.
2. Staff Development Program on 'Waste to Energy' was conducted on 20.05.12 to 02.06.12
3. National level One day Workshop on 'Fundamentals of Ocean and Coastal Engineering' was conducted on 02.09.11
4. Student strength was increased to 180.
1. First National level Conference on 'Trendy and Sustainable Development in Civil Engineering' (NCTSDCE'13) was conducted on 18-19 April 2013.
2. National Seminar on 'Advancement in Concrete Technology' (NACT'12) was conducted on 5 th November 2012.
3. Workshop on 'Systematic Technology Transfer for Sustainable Materials & Structures' was conducted on 22.08.12 to 24.08.12.
4. Faculty Development Programme on 'Disaster Management' was conducted on 11.05.13 to 24.05.13
1. Second National level Conference on 'Trendy and Sustainable Development in Civil Engineering' (NCTSDCE'14) was conducted on 3 rd May 2014
2. National Seminar on' Application of Geographic Information System (GIS) and Remote Sensing for Environmental Sciences' was conducted on 6 th November 2013.
1. Third National level Conference on 'Trendy and Sustainable Development in Civil Engineering' (NCTSDCE'15) was conducted on 5 th May 2015.
1. Fourth National level Conference on 'Trendy and Sustainable Development in Civil Engineering' (NCTSDCE'16) was conducted on 21 April 2016.
2. National Workshop on 'Novelistic Wrinkles in Concrete and Construction Practices' was conducted on 23.09.15.
Awards & Recognition